Examples of Mediasite Presentations
|Video Presentation with Slides||Instructors can capture a video of them presenting and a slide show of their presentation at the same time. This is a great way for instructors to make video Powerpoints more personal.|
|Video Screencast of Desktop||Instructors can capture a video of their screen with audio narration. This is commonly used for explanations of using technology in specific ways.|
|Video Uploaded to Mediasite||Instructors can capture video from different sources and import them directly into MyMediasite. In this example an instructor captured the video with an HD digital camcorder.|
|Slideshow with Voice-over audio||Instructors can record a PowerPoint, or slide presentation with an audio narration.|
|Video Sceencast with SmartBoard||Instructors can also choose to capture using other devices. In this example, the instructor had a laptop plugged into a SmartBoard. This allowed them to explain a problem on the SmartBoard while capturing both video of the SmartBoard and Audio.|
What do I need to record?
- Webcam — commonly built into laptops, or a high quality external version.
- Mac or PC — that meets Mediasite Desktop Recorder’s system requirements.
Installing and Using Mediasite Desktop Recorder
- Request an account from the iTV group in ITL (http://itv.uconn.edu/)
- Install the Mediasite Desktop Recorder
- Review this guide created by iTV group: My Mediasite and Desktop Recorder Setup (PDF)
- Review recommended presentation tips Online Presentations: Best Practices (PDF)