Last modified: 09/04/2018 by dsm.
This post is a resource for faculty teaching online graduate and certificate programs as well as the various staff and administrators who support these programs. It is intended to provide information and guidance around roles and procedures that will help faculty be most effective in preparing to design, develop and teach online.
Click on the heading that best describes your situation:
First Time Creating and Teaching a New Online Course
First Time Teaching an Existing Online Course
Re-Offering An Existing Online Course You Taught Previously
For All Faculty Teaching Online
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a new faculty member at UConn, please review the following information:
- Discuss plans with Department Head and/or Program Lead
- Contact eCampus Instructional Design and Development for Guidance/Consultation at 860-486-1080
- Complete Exploring Online Learning Short Course
- Participate in QM Proferssional Development
- Attend a workshop on teaching your online course
- Review Managing Your Online Course Knowledge Base Article
- Follow Assessing Online Facilitation checklist
- Consult with eCampus Instructional Design and Development staff for course walk-through and orientation
- Contact Educational Technologies for HuskyCT/Blackboard training and support or attend a workshop
- Review the post, Managing Your Online Course
- Continue Consulting with eCampus contact as needed
- Contact Educational Technologies for HuskyCT/Blackboard training and Support
- Attend workshops and trainings at UConn’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Complete ongoing online Quality Matters Training
- Collaborate with eCampus to present/publish
- Join UConn’s Online Education Community of Practice
I am a new faculty member at UConn. Where do I get university wide resources and information specific to new employees?
Who do I contact regarding teaching assignments, payment for teaching, enrollments, policy, etc.?
Contact your hiring department and/or the program director for your online program
How can I activate and manage information related to my NetID and access to HuskyCT/Blackboard?
Where do I access the Student Administration system to manage my roster and grades?
What steps do I need to follow to teach my online course?
Where can I get support for HuskyCT/Blackboard?
Where can I access resources and guides for HuskyCT/Blackboard?
Where do I request my HuskyCT course site?
What are the best practices for teaching online at UConn?
How can I best facilitate learning in an online course?
How do I set up Proctored Exams for my online course?
What are my options for designing and developing an online course?
What online training is available for learning to develop and teach an online course?
Who will support training and faculty development for course refresh and redesign?
Who can walk through an online course with new faculty the first time they are teaching it?
Request a Course Walk-through Consultation through eCampus
Who do I contact if I need one on one support and guidance teaching an online course?
Request a Online Teaching Consultation through eCampus
What in-person training workshops are offered for faculty teaching online courses?
- Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning Lunchtime Seminars
- Educational Technologies HuskyCT & Other EdTech Training
Is there an online source for general information about planning, developing, teaching and evaluating online courses?
What resources does UConn provide students?
- Guidelines for the Authentication of Students in Online Courses
- Remote In-Person Proctoring for Online Courses
- Using Online Proctoring with eCampus and ProctorU
- Closed Captioning and Transcription for Online Materials