Last revised by ESS on 9/4/2018
The following pertains to resetting online courses developed in collaboration with UConn eCampus. You may, however, find that many of these steps apply to your own situation.
- Remove duplicate or unnecessary menu items. (Announcements, Course Overview and Syllabus, Library Resources, and My Grades).
When a HuskyCT class is copied into a new one, some menu items may be duplicated or inserted “on top of” the previous layout. Typically, these are the first 4 items in the top left course menu. Pull down the drop down next to each undesired item and select “Delete”.
- Add/update syllabus
- Create and attach Course Schedule (if applicable)
The calendar may already exist as an item, as part of the syllabus file, or using the Calendar tool. Choose the option that applies:
- Set availability and/or due dates of:
- Edit Course Content and Check Hyperlinks
- Manage files: Content Collection (Blackboard link)
- Delete Announcements (if carried over from last offering)
- Delete Discussion Threads (if carried over from last offering)
Navigate to the Discussion Board, click a Forum, select the check-box(es) next to the thread(s), and click the Delete button. Tip: you can select all threads by clicking the check-box in the header to the left of the “Thread” (located above the threads).
- Review and Set up the Grade Center column visibility as desired
See section on “Hide a column from users”, “Show/Hide to Users”.
- Check and remove/reset Adaptive Release to make sure the content is accessible to students. See Managing Adaptive Release Rules (Blackboard link).
- Be sure that all course content is visible to students. Check the content from Student Preview (located on the top right of your course near the Edit Mode area ). While in Student Preview click through all content looking for broken images, or internal links to files (PDFs, documents, or other links on pages). If items are not visible, check the file permissions in the Content Collection. Broken URLs are NOT part of file permissions issues and you may edit and repair those using the Content Editor. If you need further assistance, contact your eCampus representative.To return to Instructor View click Exit Student Preview on the top right of the course. For more information about Student Preview see Blackboard’s Help page .